These terms and conditions are intended to explain your obligations in using the Chat to Business Coach facility on the NZ Innovation Council website. Please read them carefully. The NZ Innovation Council website or www.innovationcouncil.org.nz (“Website”), is a product of the New Zealand Innovation Council Ltd (“NZIC”, “we”, “us” or “our”). Your use of the Website as a Business Coach is governed by these terms and conditions (“Chat to a Business Coach Terms”). If you have any questions about any of these Terms, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that general use of the website is governed by our general Terms and Conditions, which can be found here.
The Chat to a Business Coach offering is intended to support innovators, entrepreneurs and business owners within our NZIC community (“Users”). The aim of this facility is to help Users:
• Understand the assistance and options available to them to grow their business.
• Connect with other Users that have relevant expertise.
• Exchange knowledge.
This is not a substitute for personal research, due diligence or professional advice tailored to the particular circumstances.
This is a free service, so interactions with Business Coaches should be approached with that in mind.
It is entirely up to the individual whether to become a Business Coach. NZIC does not accept any liability for the information or advice provided to Users, nor does it accept any liability for any interaction, reviews or ongoing services that make arise from a Business Coach connection.
NZIC does not employ or have any contractual relationship with Business Coaches. They are not agents of NZIC or acting in any way on its behalf.
As a Business Coach, you agree to:
• Your Business Coach profile being published on our website, on partner websites, or in promotional materials. Your profile includes your image, biography, position, organisation, associated industries and expertise, and any other information you disclose within the profile form. Please note your contact details will not be published or shared by NZIC.
• Respond in a timely fashion to incoming Business Coach meeting requests, whether you accept or decline them.
• Maintain a professional and friendly manner with Users, offering such insights, constructive advice or suggestions as you consider appropriate in the circumstances.
To ensure Users are able to successfully connect with a Business Coach, NZIC have provided profile settings. You can change the status of your Business Coach profile at any time, with options available for the following circumstances:
• Active – profile is published on the Website and Users are able to contact you through the Website.
• Holiday Mode – profile is published on the Website, however Users are not able to contact you through the Website.
• Archive Me – profile is no longer published on the Website.
As a User, you agree to
• Interact with Business Coaches in a professional and friendly manner;
• Respect the extent to which a Business Coach does, or does not, wish to engage with you on a particular issue;
• Not to act solely on the advice given in a Business Coach Session but to make such further inquiries as necessary and obtain professional advice tailored to your circumstances.
For the avoidance of doubt, Chat with a Business Coach is a free facility provided through the NZIC website to those who wish to use it. NZIC accepts no responsibility or liability to any person arising from, or connected with, their use of the facility or the discussions that result.
BUSINESS COACH SESSIONS
A Business Coach session consists of one meeting (in-person, phone, Skype or other chosen means) of up to one hour. Users will not be charged for that time nor expected to reimburse costs such as, but not limited to, travel, entertainment costs, parking or written materials provided.
If you are not able to help or connect a User, you agree to refer them back to the Chat to a Business Coach platform or to NZIC for further assistance.
By accepting a session, there is no implied obligation on either party to agree or conclude any formal business relationship with the other.. NZIC recommends normal business engagement practices are followed. Users should be notified in writing before any chargeable services are provided. Such services are a matter for the parties concerned and are wholly outside the Chat to a Business Coach facility.
The parties agree that any confidential, commercially sensitive, or personal information shared by them as part of the Business Coach offering shall remain strictly confidential and be used only for the purposes of the Business Coaching session (and for no other purpose). However, it is up to the parties what information they share and NZIC accepts no responsibility for the consequences of any breach of these obligations by either party.
Users are aware and understand the risks of sharing information related to intellectual property. They should adopt the same approach in discussing such matters as they would in any other public forum.
CHANGES TO THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS
We reserve the right to make changes to these Terms from time to time. The date at the bottom of this page reflects the date of the last Terms revision. Your continued use of the Website indicates your acceptance of any updates.
The website may be temporarily unavailable from time to time for maintenance or other reasons.
The failure of NZIC to exercise or enforce any right or provision of these Terms shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision in any instance.
If any part of these Terms is deemed invalid, void or for any reason unenforceable, that part shall be deemed severed from these Terms and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of the remaining clauses.
These Terms and your use of the Website are governed by New Zealand law.
If you have any questions about any of these Terms, please contact us at email@example.com.
Last revised: 20 June 2017